Monday, January 24, 2011

and.....go

I'm a little amazed at how much my brain has been stretched lately, especially since being back. Not in learning new material, or even really in doing anything new. Just in relating. In keeping up with another thinking, speaking, acting human being. In conversing with another person of a completely different way of processing, way of seeing the world. In listening, then figuring out if/what to speak, then maybe even doing so. Or getting that order completely reversed. In attempting to love them and let them love me. In trying to remember what the heck we last talked about and what I'm forgetting to ask about. In trying to figure out this thing called "life" together.

And in doing that with multiple different persons, be it friends, students, family, housemates, acquaintances, folks near or far, etc.

I really do not mean to portray these things in a negative light.
I do mean to say that my mind is being used and challenged.
I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment