Thursday, January 6, 2011

happy 2011

Hello dear friends, and welcome to this new blog of mine. I honestly don't know what it says about me that I have to up and move to a new site in order to want to write anything. Actually, there were a few reasons for the change, but I will bore you with none of these. Moral of the story: here I am, and here I (hopefully) will stay. Feel free to adjust you google readers accordingly, or not at all.

To sum up my break, I'll say that Mississippi has treated me well. I was and continue to be completely flabbergasted that Christmas (and my birthday, and new years, etc.) have already come and gone. that. was. fast. But it was good. I spent the end of 2010 and the beginning of 2011 in Jacksonville, Florida....a place I barely knew of and certainly didn't really care about until a week ago. Now, it will forever hold a special place in this little heart of mine. Due to some incredibly generous folks, Amy and I got to go the the gator bowl (go dawgs) for free. What's even better is that we got to spare the entire trip with the Gulletts....one of my most favorite couples. Together, the 3 of them made fantastic travel buddies. The more time that has past, the more fondly I look back on our adventure.


What's even better is the fact that we got to visit 2 BEACHES. Did I mention how much I loved traveling with these 3? The first was to the gulf coast on new year's eve. Cold, but beautiful.

 
The second was to the atlantic on new year's day. We made the short drive after a very sweet mississippi state gator bowl victory. Oh how fun it was.


Finally, we got to ring in the new year with some good, good friends and lots of other semi-crazy alumni. 


It was a happy start to 2011, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment