Monday, February 14, 2011

still here

If you have talked to me much at all in the last month, you know that there's a lot of thinking going on in this head of mine, about my future, about my current life here in Charlottesville, etc. If you haven't, then there's a chance that's my fault, and I do apologize. And now you know: I'm currently in thinking mode. Which is probably why I've been hesitant to update this little blog of mine about this little life of mine. To make up for it, I even began to wonder if I should start posting recipes (and even pictures of the recipe if I'm feeling pioneer woman-like), as that seems to be the trend. I just can't bring myself to do that. But I promise I still love those of you who do.

Thinking, searching, praying, hoping, waiting.....I've come to learn that these are exhausting. And they have each taken up much of my time. But thankfully not all of it. Jesus has also been kind to grace me with such a thing as 30 rock (from the sun), which allows my roommates and me to daily "liz lemon our cares away." I challenge you to think of something that would be more beneficial to do with our time. Just don't tell me what you come up with.

Then there's been the large part of my life that I would like to call "interning." Actually, I'd probably try to call it something else if I could, because we ALL know by now that I'm not trying to learn how to be a campus minister.  But I'm told that's what I am, so we'll stick with it. And even though I mentioned 30 rock before this, I assure you my job takes much more precedence. Most days.
Moral of the story: I'm still here, and I'm still loving it.
And if you met my first years (or freshmen) girls, you'd know why.

I wish I could give you a pithy something to summarize what you just read, but I do believe I just gave you the abridged, spark-notes version as is. More thoughts to come. Maybe.

I hope your today has been filled with love. Love from Jesus, a friend, a spouse, a parent, a stranger, whathaveyou. Happy valentine's to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment